Click this link:
1. As Governor, Rick Perry KNOWS he has the authority to call as many special sessions as he wants or needs in order to take care of the People’s business. So his comment about running out of time is inaccurate. The defense of Liberty should not and cannot wait!
2. Only one of two things can be true regarding his comments about “not enough votes” — 1) either he knows the truth and chooses to ignore the fact that Rep. Simpson and Senator Patrick now have enough votes for passage and have confirmed this with Perry’s office; 2) or he does not know the facts because he has not made it priority to know the facts. Governor Perry could get Simpson and Patrick on the phone at any time! Our Governor keeps talking about state sovereignty and the need to push back federal tyranny. Now he has a chance to show Texas (and the nation) that he really means it!
Please call and/or fax Governor Perry today and all week until we get an answer. Politely, but firmly ask Governor Perry to stand for Liberty and against federal tyranny by adding the TSA anti-groping bill to this special session or to a second special session, if necessary.
(512) 463-2000 Main switchboard; alternative number: (512) 463-1782; Fax: (512) 463-1849
1. The TSA bill in the TX House is HB 41; in the Senate, it is SB 29 (this is the TSA anti-groping bill from the regular session refiled in both chambers).
2. This must be added by the Governor to the call for the special session OR the Governor can call another special session. It is in his power to do it. Period.
3. Per Representative David Simpson’s updates: His bill (HB 41) has 112 coauthors in the House and can pass! Simpson has sent word to the Governor that he has the votes and has requested that Gov. Perry add it to the call. Simpson sent another letter to the Governor confirming this today.
4. Senator Dan Patrick’s SB 29 has the votes to pass! He already sent a letter to Gov. Perry asking him to add it to the call.
5. Even Lt. Governor Dewhurst has reversed course and has asked the Gov. to add it to the special session call.
6. This is a fact – if Governor Rick Perry does not add the TSA anti-groping bill to the call of the special session OR call another special session to address this liberty issue, then Governor Perry’s words about being “FED UP” with the federal government mean nothing! Governor Perry will have caved to the Federal Government. There is NO other way to see this.
7. If Governor Perry will lead on this issue, it will quickly move through both chambers and will demonstrate he has the courage to stand up for us, for dignity, for Liberty and for the US Constitution! Anything less is unacceptable.
8. The federal government has threatened to stop all Texas flights if this bill goes through. I guess this would test our state leaders and all of us, wouldn’t it? When will be the right time to put action to the fiery rhetoric? Has Governor Perry asked Attorney General Greg Abbott to join him in this fight and get legal papers ready to fight Washington bureaucrats?
If we are willing to act like sheep, we will be treated like sheep. Obedience to authority is one thing; but willing surrender of Liberty is quite another. For more information on this issue and the Fourth Amendment, go to: http://davidsimpson.com/
NOTE: Even if there were not enough votes to pass it; a principled defender of Liberty would be expected to add this TSA issue to the special session call and let every Representative and every Senator be held accountable for his/her vote on the matter!
JoAnn Fleming, Executive Director (volunteer)
Grassroots America – We the People www.gawtp.com
(903) 894-7204 home office or (903) 360-2858 cell
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” –Thomas Paine, The Crisis, 1776
Who is John Galt?
Where applicable, a political advertisement paid for by the GAWTP PAC, PO Box 130012,Tyler, TX 75713, Jimmie Taylor, PAC Treasurer.