Action Alert #1: Tell US Senator John Cornyn to oppose amnesty – vote against cloture on Monday.
A vote for cloture is a vote to end debate and move quickly to vote for a bill.
On Monday, the US Senate will hold an initial cloture vote to begin debate on the Gang of 8 Amnesty bill.
Please call Senator Cornyn’s Tyler office: 903-593-0902 and his Washington, DC office 202-224-2934 as soon as possible. Do not delay!
Message for Cornyn: “We want you to oppose the amnesty bill by voting against cloture on S.744.
Other talking points:
- Granting amnesty to 12 million people will impose a tremendous burden on hardworking taxpayers. It is simply not fair to place a $6.3 trillion burden on American families.
- We cannot repeat the mistakes of the past. Congress granted amnesty to 3 million people in 1986, and it only served to encourage more illegal immigration.
- The promise of border security and more stringent enforcement is meaningless if the bill continues to grant amnesty first. We do not trust the federal government to keep its promises to secure the border!
- Our nation needs real immigration reform, which must be done in a step-by-step approach — not a 1,000-page bill.
Action Alert #2: Tell US Senator Ted Cruz that you appreciate his fight against amnesty and ask him to hold fast and keep fighting!
Tyler: (202) 716-6026, East TX Director – Jason Wright
Washington, DC: (202) 224-5922
Please do your part! Call now!
JoAnn Fleming,Executive Director (volunteer),Grassroots America – We the People www.gawtp.com
Chair – Advisory Committee to the TX Legislature’s TEA Party Caucus
(903) 894-7204home office or(903) 360-2858 cell