Grassroots America’s Hospitality Chair.
- Acts as official host of Grassroots America in creating welcoming atmosphere at meetings and events
- Works with Advance Team to organize and set up venue/audio/visual, refreshments, decorations, registration, greeters, ushers
- Works with Program Chairman as needed to accommodate special guests and/or speakers
- Serves as chief planner for the Grassroots America Annual Champions of Freedom Dinner and special events
- Oversees hospitality supplies and equipment and an updated inventory for them
- Presents needs for hospitality budget to the GAWTP Executive Director and Board
- Reports on hospitality plans at board meetings and, as needed, at Grassroots America meetings
- Organizes Hospitality Committee and subcommittees to accomplish tasks
Although born a Yankee in CT, Heather’s father was from Troup, TX which makes her half Texan! Heather spent most summers in East Texas and always held a special place for Texas in her heart. After living most of her life in Richmond Virginia, Heather moved to Tyler in July, 2014. Her career in Human Resources and as an Administrative Assistant to successful executives gave her the organizational skills (most days) needed to be a Home Schooling Mom to Hunter Anne. She has spent many years in volunteer work with Junior Women’s Clubs, Women’s Club, Dental Auxiliary, Women’s Ministries and Home School Organizations/Co-ops.